Monday, September 14, 2009

New Favorite

Mondays are Marvelous!
Thursday used to be my favorite night for tv. Now it's running a close second to Monday nights. We're considering getting tivo, just so I can keep up with all of my favorites. Here are a few:
The Big Bang Theory (Also referred to in our house as 'The Nerds')
You can't help but love the guys on this show. They're so nerdy and intelligent that they are socially awkward, but really heartwarming! I've liked Sheldon (Jim Parsons) since he was in Garden State with Zach Braff. A few of them also remind me of some guys I used to know in college.
How I Met Your Mother
I can't get enough of Barney/Doogie/Neil Patrick Harris or Jason Segel! They are hilarious! I also wish we had a neighborhood bar and that it was as cool and laidback as MacLaren's and that most of our friends lived close enough to hang out with us at said bar 24/7.
Intervention
An oldie but a goodie, I'm always curious about whether these folks really make it in the end. And, I feel terrible for their families, who are at their wits end, if this it what it takes to make the situation change.
Hoarders on A&E
I'm sad that the first season of Obsessed was kind of short, I really got into it. But, in its place is the new show Hoarders which shows compulsive hoarders trying to get out of the hole they have dug themselves into. I only wish they'd go more in-depth iwth the treatment. Can you imagine if you're house looked like this? And if it did, could you clean it in 2 days?!? (I was nice and spared you the photo of the food hoarders who don't throw anything out!) This show makes me want to obsessively clean my house, which is probably a good thing!
No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain
He's just so snarky and smart, and I can't get enough! Plus, who wouldn't want to travel the world with him, eating at greasy spoons and drinking in dive bars? Sign me up please!

3 comments:

Stacey B. said...

I heart Bourdain. Have you read Kitchen Confidential? You'll love it!

Katelin said...

oh how i love how i met your mother. i am so excited for that show to come back!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I love me some Bourdain!